Sunday 8 December 2019

La Faute-sur-Mer

          Hi! Today's post will be short, because it is a place that I wrote to you quite thoroughly last academic year while mentioning numerous trips to the ocean. Do you know what city this is about? Yes, I mean La Faute-sur-Mer. It is an oceanic place famous for access to the ocean rather than for monuments and tourists, so this post will be a reminiscence for me rather than recommending any buildings to see.
          It's not like that apart from the ocean, this place has nothing, but to see anything you should refuse to lie on a sunny beach or winter walk along the ocean. If we are already talking about seeing anything in this place, I am able to tell you that there is a church there, or rather a chapel - Saint Teresa's Chapel. It is a nice, quite modest chapel, and what else can you say about the church? You can pray in peace when you have such a need, because it is another church in which masses are held every two or three weeks.
Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania chapelle sainte therese la faute sur merZnalezione obrazy dla zapytania chapelle sainte therese la faute sur mer
          Well, let's move now to the most important vantage point in La Faute-sur-Mer - the ocean. Probably most of us dream of warmth, sunshine, beach, ocean. Well, this place is perfect for everyone. As I mentioned last semester, having so few kilometers to such a place, my family and I were regulars there. Whether in summer for sunbathing and cooling off in the water or in autumn or winter for a Sunday walk along the ocean shore. It was fun for kids like me and my sister to either run away from the waves or look for shells at low tide. Something beautiful.
          Honestly, there is no more to describe about this city, I will add to you at the end of this post two photos from the family album showing me and my sister on this wonderful beach. One was done in May (yes, where I lived there could have been such hot temperatures even at the beginning of April) and the other somehow in November and shows me and my sister looking for more shells for the collection - as if we had few at home, haha 😅


To the next post! Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment